This is a fun one! We love perusing websites to see what we like and what we don’t. We love updating our website to make sure we are on trend and doing all the right things to drive traffic. But what if you don’t know how to do that? What if you honestly haven’t given it a whole lot of thought, but want your website to be great? Well, you are in the right place!
We love to help our current clients and future clients in all aspects of their business, but specifically when it comes to their websites. Even if you are not looking to hire someone to help you with your website, we still want to make sure you have all the right information to succeed!
Whether you like to showcase your personality a little or a lot, these are things anyone can do! Let’s make a bulleted list shall we? Below are several things you can do to make your website stand out from the rest.
- Bios are extremely important to have on your website. Not only does this allow the viewer to see who they will be working with, but it allows you and your team to showcase your individual personality! It is so fun for viewers to get a glimpse into who they might be working with and it eliminates rather quickly anyone who you wouldn’t want to work with. I mean it’s important for everyone to have a good vibe when working together, so if someone sees you as a person who they could easily get along with, then you are that much closer to having a new client!
- Videos are another great way to showcase your company. It’s great to have something to read about, but to see a personal video on a website takes it to another level! To us, videos can be even more personal than a written story (you can have both too). But the video doesn’t necessarily have to be about you and your team. It can be a fun, one minute video about your company, or even a day in the life of. Just think, you are adding an extra layer of personality to your website.
- Keep your website fresh. You definitely don’t want to have an outdated website. You want to stay relevant and have your current work published. It also helps with your search rankings. Keep it up to date!
- Don’t use stock photos. Now there might be some argument to this and that’s fine. You do you! However, there is a BIG reason for why you don’t want to use stock photos and it goes back to relating to your viewers. Why use stock photos, when you can use your own photos, your team member photos, and current work photos. The person looking at your website is most likely looking to see who YOU are. So make it personable! [We make exceptions with stock photos for things like blog posts ;)]
- Offer a freebie. Yes, everyone loves free things, and when you can offer your viewer something free it’s a bonus! A simple downloadable PDF is a great free tool to offer your viewers.
- Display your work. Yes, this is the MOST important! The viewer who is looking to potentially hire you wants to see your work and learn more about what you do. If you are offering website design, then you better have past websites you have designed and a way to show how successful they were. Showcase some reviews from your past clients. This also gives the viewer a glimpse into how successful they can be when they work with you.
Have you noticed a trend in this post? It’s all about personality and adding who you and your company are to your website! This will help you stand out even more from other companies who do similar work to yours. We all love to see people doing what they love, so if you can showcase that on your website (especially since your website is most likely the first place the viewer is going to visit) then you are one step closer to securing a new client! Now go and make your website great! But if you would like some help, give us a call! We want to get to know you! 🙂