In order to improve your SEO (Search Engine Optimization), we need to briefly tell you why your SEO is important. In the simplest of terms, SEO improves your visibility online. The more people that see your website, the more traffic there will be, therefore you have a better chance of providing your services/products to potential consumers. Sounds great, right?! Yes! But how can you make sure your SEO is operating at its greatest capacity? Below are 5 easy ways to do just that.
- Publish relevant content: When someone is searching for something online they usually have a good reason. They are looking for something particular. They want to see relevant content and they want good examples of what they are searching for. If your website has that, then you have earned yourself a good reputation and most likely they will keep coming back. If you don’t have the content they need, they most likely won’t be back.
- Update content regularly: We have said it before, but we can’t stress this enough. You need to update your content regularly. You know the saying in sales, ABC (Always Be Closing), well we say ABU (Always Be Updating). If you are updating your content regularly, it not only shows you are active, but that you are always researching and making sure the content you have is, wait for it…..relevant!
- Metadata: Okay, we know. What in the world is metadata? There will be a link at the bottom of this post where you can learn more, but in short, metadata can be a few different things. However, there is one you want to use at all times: title tags. Title tags have a big impact on search rankings and will show up in the search results page. Wordstream.com states, “This is particularly useful if you want to give the page one primary title for the user but want to clarify or simplify that information for SEO purposes and for the user who’s shuffling multiple tabs on their desktop”.
- Have a link-worthy site: All this means is that you need to have content that is not only relevant and updated regularly, but content that shows you know what you are talking about. The more authority you seem to have on content and the more you have of it, the more likely it is that a consumer will link your website or even content… for FREE.
- Use alt tags: We have already discussed why this is important, but if you need a refresher check out our blog post, “Why You Should Be Using “Alt Text” For The Images On Your Website”
So, there you have it. Not only is SEO important, but we just went through 5 easy ways to improve your SEO. We hope this helped, and if you have any questions or want more information, we can help!
Oh and bonus! One more thing that we didn’t include in our 5 easy ways, but still worth noting: you should decrease your load page time. How? One simple way is to compress your images and host your videos on Youtube or Vimeo. Yep, you should just have a link to take the consumer to your Youtube or Vimeo page and guess what that gets you? More traffic on those pages as well. Win win!